Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novus Orsa Forums Welcomes You

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Its Karin (Chibi Vampire)! xD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misa Chan

Misa Chan

Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Its  Karin (Chibi Vampire)! xD Empty
PostSubject: Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Its Karin (Chibi Vampire)! xD   Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Its  Karin (Chibi Vampire)! xD I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Based on an original manga written & illustrated by Yuna Kagesaki.

Anime produced by J C Staff, directed by Shinichiro Kimura.

First aired on WOWOW, November 2005 to May 2006.

24 episodes of 25 minutes each!

Synopsis!

A family of vampires have set up home in a Tokyo suburb. They live quietly, hidden away from their neighbours by a sort of psychic barrier, surrounded by their familiars. Their eldest daughter, Karin, has a problem. She doesn’t suck blood!

She is a “Blood Maker” A sort of reverse vampire, who injects the surplus blood that her body produces into her “victims”. As her blood levels increase every month, Karin wanders the local park seeking suitable humans to bite. At other times, she is a normal 16 year old school girl, who is prone to fainting.

When Usui Kenta transfers into the school, her problems increase many fold. She gets an abnormally strong vampiric reaction to his presence, which in her case means her blood increases very quickly. Things get really complicated when Kenta comes to her aid during one of her fainting fits, and discovers her secret! Her brother determines that it is his aura of unhappiness that is affecting her, and so when avoiding him doesn’t work, she launches an assault to make him happy.

The two teenagers live out their strange lives, completely unaware that everybody else can see that they are falling in love. Then, another new transfer student declares his love for Karin. Only problem being, he is a student Vampire Hunter!

Characters!
Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Its  Karin (Chibi Vampire)! xD Picture
Karin. (Voiced by Sayuri Yahagi)

Karin is a vampire with a difference. She can go out in sunlight. Enjoys eating good food, and has to work to earn money to pay the bills since she is virtually the only member of her family who needs heat and light. Her Mother, Father and Brother are all normal vampires. Her younger sister hasn’t yet “awakened” to her full vampire powers. Karin has non of these powers. She can’t leap over buildings, erase memories, or summon bats as “familiars”. She has to do well in school, as a home visit from the teacher is a no-no! Her friends can never come round for sleepovers, and her “time of the month” is more stressful than most. x3

Usui Kenta. (Voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi)

Kenta is an only child in a single parent family. His father deserted him and his mother when he was little, and his mother said that he had died. Kenta knows the truth, as he saw his dad working around the corner from where they used to live. His mother tries hard, but keeps getting fired from any job she takes up. As a result, they have very little money. Kenta works as a waiter after school, and whenever else the Manager needs him, one of perks being free meals. He rarely eats during the day, in order to save money. A fact that Karin and her friend are quick to observe!

Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Its  Karin (Chibi Vampire)! xD Karen_winner
The last in a long line of vampire hunters, Winner takes his responsibilities very seriously, going out after school to protect the neighbourhood. This frequently gets him into trouble. He has been sent to Japan by his Grandfather, who is seeking the Maaka Family. In reality, he is totally hopeless as a hunter. When he arrives in school, he falls completely in love with Karin, saying that she is the exact image of his dream girl. We later find out that Karin is indeed his dream girl, as he was the first person she ever bit! The memory wipe performed by her family left Winner with a dream sequence of the event (with no biting). Winner has some tough choices to make when his Grandfather arrives to eliminate Karin and all her family.

Maki (Voiced by Mikako Takahashi)

Karin’s best, and possibly only, friend. Attractive and intelligent, she supports Karin in all her efforts, without understanding why since she has absolutely no idea that Karin is a vampire. There is a priceless point when Karin invites her for a sleepover to finish the holiday study work, and Maki wonders why she has never been over before. The family are at full alert to prevent their secret being revealed, but since vampires don’t need to cook, and can see in the dark, things don’t go that well. Maki falls in love with Winner soon after his arrival, but all her efforts to draw his attention go for nothing as he only has eyes for Karin.

What did I think?

I was quickly drawn in to Karin’s world, and galloped through the series in a matter of a few weeks. The story line was inventive, and the characters developed well throughout the series. Just as the story line started to become a bit predictable, a little twist was thrown in that caused interest to pick up again.

The only jarring note was the character of Winner Sinclaire. Over dramatic, it became very apparent that he actually knew very little about vampires. His character seemed poorly developed, with no mention of his parents, or why he was living with his Grandfather. His voice really grated on me, and everything about him was just annoying. It came as no surprise to find out that he isn’t present in the original manga!

Other than that, the series was a joy to watch. A gentle romance with plenty of humour. Despite the plethora of compromising situations, there is very little ecchi content. Karin’s nosebleeds are positively explosive, and her family’s reaction to their problem child underline their difference. They just can’t understand that she doesn’t enjoy biting people, and that she does it only as a last resort when her blood increases beyond her ability to control it.

A great anime 8/10

Back to top Go down
http://www.ygbigbang.jp/index.html

Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Its Karin (Chibi Vampire)! xD
Page 1 of 1